Advancing Justice-LA routinely calls upon your support to help advocate for changes to discriminatory laws, policies, and other practices affecting Asian American, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and immigrant communities and promote policies that result in positive systemic changes in government, business or society.
Below, you will find a list of ways for you to get involved in the coming weeks. We will do our best to keep you up to date, but due to the unpredictable nature of the current administration, dates and details may be changing rapidly. Please continue to check this page for updates! For email updates on ways to take action, please fill out this form.
When are We greater than Me?
Protect the ACA!
The American Health Care Act has been proposed as a replacement for the ACA. All of your voices, stories, and experiences matter as we work to defend the ACA, so we want to encourage you to take action!
Here are three ways to help:
1) Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA 49th District) is administering a survey to hear your thoughts on the replacement plan. Take 30 seconds to complete the survey!
2) Call Congress (866-426-2631) to share your opinion.
Know Your Rights:
Advancing Justice-LA is coordinating with CAIR-LA and the ACLU to facilitate multiple Know Your Rights presentations in the coming months. For more information on any of those listed below, please email [email protected].
3/24 7:30 PM at the Islamic Center of Inland Empire - Rancho Cucamonga
- Hollaback! Bystander Intervention Webinar
- Help a child in removal proceedings. Unfamiliar with the most common legal remedies for kids? There is a great FREE recorded training that you can access through PLI. Link up with your local NGO and they can provide you with a client and mentors. Here are a handful of agencies in need of volunteers:Immigrant Defenders Law Center, Public Counsel, KIND, CARECEN, and Esperanza.
- Sign-up for PLI's FREE training on Habeas Petitions for Detained Immigrants in March + other great trainings.
- Get trained as an NLG Legal Observer and protect the rights of protesters
- The Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law (CHRCL) has launched its free winter 2017 webinar series. At the registration page, you may register for any of the webinars you wish to join. Registration is required in order to receive California CLE credit. To participate in any of these webinars, please register by clicking here.
- Please sign this petition to denounce anti-Muslim hate crimes!
- Please sign these targeted letters to stop Anti-China Border Policies!
- One Justice is coordinating rapid response efforts to challenge Trump's current and future executive orders. Sign-up for updates and they will alert you of trainings and volunteer needs.
- Help get ICE out of LA! Join efforts to push for Universal Representation at both the County and State Level by pushing the pressure on your local officials.
Raids on Immigrant Communities:
There have been numerous reports of Immigration and Custom Enforcement (ICE) arresting people across the United States. If you are concerned about the impact these raids have on our community, please take action by:
- Calling your representative in Congress at 202-224-3121 and tell them you want these raids to stop immediately.
- Calling your mayor, governor, and local and state representatives and demand that they take steps to protect immigrant communities from attack. You can find your state and local elected officials here.
- Attending local marches and vigils opposing these raids. You can find information on local events here.
- Reporting and documenting raids and arrests. Call United We Dream's hotline to report a raid: 1-844-363-1423.
Advancing Justice highly encourages lawful permanent residents (LPRs) to apply for naturalization as soon as possible. Naturalization affords immigrants the highest form of protection against potential changes in law or executive orders. If you need assistance with naturalization, you can learn more about how to apply or access our services here.