Position Summary: The staff attorney is a full-time position working in the Advancing Justice - LA office under the supervision of the Citizenship Project Director. The staff attorney will work directly on complex naturalization cases, provide technical support and capacity building to local API-serving nonprofit organizations on naturalization, and support evening and weekend citizenship workshops.
- Provide direct application assistance citizenship cases;
- Provide legal review and technical assistance for Los Angeles partner agencies;
- Undertake administrative and logistical duties related to direct application assistance, legal review, technical assistance and/or the coordination of workshops and clinics;
- Maintain an active caseload to meet project deliverables
- 1-3 years’ immigration law experience and active membership in a State Bar;
- Experience assisting immigrant, limited English speaking and/or low-income clients;
- Experience or familiarity with AANHPI community preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Bilingual fluency in Korean strongly preferred;
- Availability and willingness to regularly travel within the county and state;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends; and
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and access to an automobile or alternative transportation.
Salary: $51,500-$55,500 plus possible bilingual supplement, if applicable. A generous benefit package includes paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and retirement plan. Parking provided.
Application Process: Please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to:
Human Resources-Citizenship Project Staff Attorney
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - LA
1145 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90017
No telephone calls please
For more Advancing Justice - LA information, go to www.advancingjustice-la.orgontent
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles (Advancing Justice - LA), is the nation’s largest legal organization for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders (AANHPIs). Founded in 1983 as the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, Advancing Justice – LA serves more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year. Through direct legal services, impact litigation, policy advocacy, leadership development, and capacity building, Advancing Justice - LA focuses on the most vulnerable members of AANHPI communities while also building a strong voice for civil rights and social justice.